Thursday, February 24, 2011

Let's Get Naked

A few weeks ago I asked a Norwegian where I could find naked skiing.


He thought I was kidding but I wasn't.  It makes sense to me that this would be a regular event in a place like this.  There are only so many things to do in he snow and once you've dont those enough times you can mix it up by doing them again naked. 

I've never been one to take part in organized nude events.  I would love to get naked and ride a bike, go skiing or play baseball, however these things take planning and timeliness.  Both of which I am selectively successful with.  At the last minute I can decide to take my clothes off and play a friendly game of badminton, but if it takes time and prep I probably won't make it.

Since becoming an honorary Norwegian I've found that they like to cut holes in ice and jump in.  I can't explain and I don't approve of such ridiculous behavior.  There is no reason for me to stand outside freezing and whining whilst you flop around in the frozen watering hole out back.  Put your damn clothes on and get out of the water.  You got a problem.  These people will tie a rope around their birthday suit and jump in.  You need a rope so that your mom, whose making the video, can pull you out when you pass out under water. (makeshift safety vest)


It doesn't seem this 'winter swimming' is a planned event and there's typically no start time so unfortunately I may end up in a freezing pool of Norwegian salmon water soon.  Look out for the video and yes mom I'll wear my life vest.

No comments:

Post a Comment