Friday, February 18, 2011

Reindeer Are Real But They Can't Fly




To think that reindeer and Superheros can fly is ridiculous.  They don't have wings or propellers or any of that stuff that helps planes fly and I'm pretty sure you need it.

I'll tell you what superpowers reindeer do have; the ability to not be affected by the cold.  All Norwegian people also have this superhero strength.

I was trudging up a long windy hill on the side of a mountain on Saturday on my way to a 'ski flying' competition when I approached a tent/teepee type thing.  All of a sudden I was standing in front of multiple horned, white, large, foreign animals.  Reindeer, motherfuckin reindeer.  Reindeer don't live in St. Louis or New York or America.  I think we all figured if Santa isn't real then Rudolf isn't real either.  Nope, turns out they also hang out on this hill on Saturday.

At the zoo you cant get this close to the animals.  If this weren't the case maybe I wouldn't be so floored when I run into these wild Norwegian animals (this also happened with sheep last summer).  It just goes to show that the presentation can make a big difference, like food.

4 or 5 reindeer just chillin with people walkin right on by like it was normal; and it is, but not to me.  I'm the girl who can't speak and is falling over with excitement making the BF take a million pics of me with Santa's transportation.

My fav reindeer was chillin watchin me make a fool of myself and then he just plops down in the snow.  I just bought boots that would keep me warm at up to -40C and this guy lays down in the snow like it's his fluffy warm bed from Sleepy's.  Dude seemed just as comfy as he could be.  It's one thing to see this in 20F but this day was -10 or something.  These reindeer must be wearing long undies, robe, leather jacket, gloves, hat and heated blankets at all times. 


I have to ask my Norwegian friends to forgive me for bitching about the cold and being so surprised by things that are commonplace to you.  Forgive me and please continue to just treat me like a child who doesn't understand anything, cause really I don't.


No comments:

Post a Comment