Monday, February 7, 2011

Santa Is Black


People are saying Santa is from Sweden, Finland, Canada, Alaska, Norway. I thought he was from the North Pole.  I am now second guessing the years of possible lies America has been telling me. I think it's too cold on the NP so it's clear now that he lives somewhere else, like a flat in Oslo or something.

The Santa I have known is black, not Norwegian white. Mom and Dad had me sitting on black Santa's knee at Christmas time in St. Louis, MO, USA; Mid-America. They wanted me to see people that looked like me since we lived in a 'white' Kirkwood, MO.  We had to leave Kirkwood to see black Santa of course.

S.C. travels to the department stores for the winter. He sits on a thrown posing with wide eyed kids who believe he will give them one desire they don't have to beg mom and dad for.  These children become confused when they wait in a line of disgruntled adults, sit on Santa's lap, stare into a camera lens, hop off and watch mom and dad pay the elves. 'Why is Dad paying Santa? Why aren't Mom and Dad more excited to see me sit on this strange 60 year old man's lap? Santa is amazing and mythical and he can fly! I'm confused' This is when the awe of Santa begins to fade for the kids who have half a brain. A lot of their brains are underdeveloped though so many continue with their fairy tale Santa nonsense until big sis ruins it for them a year later next to the drinking fountain at Tillman elementary school... thanks Kim.

If I discover Santa Cizzle is Norwegian, and if it is true that Norwegians are meant to camouflage in with the snow in efforts to escape the wrath of baby bears and people killing reindeer; then Santa C. is def 'Elvira of The Addams Family white'. Which is OK as I know he just wants to be able to blend in.

And he isn't tan either:

There is no sun in Norway. And if there is, it's covered by clouds and I am pretty sure the light source behind those clouds is some synthetic low wattage stuff anyway. If Santa were born in the late 1990s he may be brown however I'm pretty sure Santa was born back in the day when everyone was sorta still on their original continents where their skin color was all they wore. Now we have clothes so we can travel.

This is why I got my big coat, mittens, scarf, hat and boots and traveled to Norway. And here I am.

If all goes according to my 'plan' this blog will be comin at you from Norway, Universe dailyish.

2 comments:

  1. haha... The Santa has always lived in Norway, though the Finnish bastards try to steal him from us.
    In Christmas he's comming to the farmers' barns and eats the porridge they are placing there for him. He and his elves lives up north in Norway. I must say I have never seen a black Santa, but I'm sure he can shapeshift in the same way he's shrinking himself to get down the fireplace chimney. :)

    You are saying that there are no sun here - just wait to the summer - then the sun is shining almost 24 hours a day here! And further up north there's daylight 24/7, though in the winter there's no sun at all! :o

    I'm sure you will enjoy it here! And you will learn how to ski as well. :) C'ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rachel, swedish Moa here, just saying hey and that i'll read your blog!

    ReplyDelete