Tuesday, June 21, 2011

OK = F-ing Fantastic


Finally I have a door on my bedroom (although it's broken and doesn't shut all the way) and I have a job (although I work 12 hours a day) and I have a bed (although it's hard as a rock).

3 important things that I have been taking for granted for my whole life. Simple privacy, steady income and a mattress. As you can see quality is not as important as the existence of them.

Then there are some things that have no caveats at all: Great family- mom, dad, big bro, nieces, sisters and cousins. Great friends- the Indians, Brooklyn kids, skaters, upper east siders, west coasters and fellow downtown folks.

In the case of human beings in my life quality is all that matters.  I had this theory prior to when I needed you the most and now you have proven my theory correct.   When I thought it wouldn't get better you told me it would and you helped me make it happen.

Thank you to the people I have been so lucky to have in my life.  You have made the past couple months so much more bearable than I imagined they could ever be.

Through being jobless, broke, neurotic, homeless and unmanageable; you gave me shelter.  You have all stuck by me and and been all that could light up my days.

It was a short age of depression for Momma Rachel and I've come out a little different, but mostly the same as I went in.  I never thought I could go through such a transformation and come out on top, but here I am; just straight up OK and being OK is the all I could have hoped for and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment